Microsoft plans to release a major cumulative update – CU8 – with enhanced features for Microsoft dynamics AX. The update is an accumulation of platform, industry and lifecycle services enhancements. An updated retail point of sale, improved warehouse and transportation management and highly flexible Azure deployment option, is what it proposes.
Advanced Project Management for MS Dynamics AX in Construction Industry
Microsoft dynamics AX, is an effective and popularly used enterprise resource planning and business management system across the construction industry and when the updates are implemented it will become more efficient as an advanced project management tool. AX, provides, end-to-end business specific functionalities like financial management, project accounting, supply chain management, manufacturing management, service management and customer relationship management for the building and construction projects. The update can be leveraged to implement an advanced role based construction project management and streamline operations.
Advanced Project Management for Dynamics AX empowers construction companies with the ability to bag projects and further execute and support the complex projects for higher profitability.
Benefits of Dynamics AX for Construction Project Management include:
- It offers the best quotes and bids derived from the reliable financial and operational information
- It also supports project planning by enabling resources and material management, planning work breakdown structures, and defining project milestones.
- Dynamics AX allows delivery of projects across international and diverse (widely distributed) locations
- Allows contractors perform compliant government contracting projects in a successful manner
- Using MS Dynamics AX, construction projects can make the best of mobility and improve employee productivity and service delivery both.
- Additionally successful ERP implementations can optimize business processes to drive growth.
Experts make the best use of Construction Solution for Microsoft Dynamics AX. The above mentioned functionalities of dynamics AX can be used across several phases across a construction project. These include:
- Visual planning
- Advanced Project management
- Enterprise asset management
- Advanced mobility
- Scheduling and cost estimation
- Government contracting
- Business process management
- Create online presence for revenue generation
Mobile Time and Expense for Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012
It is interesting that the new interface will also work on smart phones. Additionally another note worthy feature is the continuous revenue recognition feature.
The building and construction industry often performs after sales services to earn good-will and build long term relations with clients. Operating these after sales services, popularly known as B2B, i.e. business to business services, requires investments.
It is hence very important for the service manager to track the expenditure and the generated revenues to ensure that every process implemented generates desired revenues and immediately detect if the amount spent on these activities does not generate revenues. This in-turn leads your projects towards higher profitability.